The Preferred Purchasing Program was created in 1978 to...
- Provide unified, cost effective, administration of State Public Act 77-405 (currently codified as Section 17b-656)
- Create and retain Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities through State of Connecticut government contracting
- Provide marketing of products made and services rendered by people with disabilities through organizations that provide vocational services to people with disabilities
- Provide technical support to organizations that provide vocational services to people with disabilities to assist the organization to obtain and keep product or services contracts
- Research product or service opportunities for organizations that provide vocational services to people with disabilities
Over the last thirty years, the Preferred Purchasing Program has steadily achieved its objectives. During the last five years the program has grown at an average rate of ten percent (10%) per year.
View 2012 Program Statistics
View 2011 Program Statistics
CCPA is certified as a Small Business Enterprise through the Department of Administrative Services Supplier Diversity Program.
For more information about the CCPA Contracts Program contact CCPA at (860) 257-7909.
For questions from State Agencies or Political Subdivisions about purchasing products and services under this state use law contact: Department of Administrative Services Procurement Services.